College of Engineering Alumni Celebration
Friday, November 22, 2019
Click Here to REGISTER
Registration Deadline: November 13, 2019
Alumni and friends of the College of Engineering are invited to celebrate the 2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal (DEAM) recipients and their profound achievements. The evening will include a cocktail reception and dinner, as well as opportunities to explore innovative student-led demonstrations and reconnect with faculty and alumni.
Date: Friday, November, 22, 2019
6 – 7 p.m. Social hour with interactive student demonstrations
Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center
7 – 9 p.m. Dinner and Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal awards ceremony
Vanderhoef Studio Theatre, Robert and Margrit Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts
- Regular: $40 per person
- Recent alumni (’09 or later): $25 per person
Dinner Entrée Choices
- Caper-Lemon Herb Chicken
- Herb Marinated Salmon with Russell Ranch Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- Quinoa and Roasted Vegetable Stuffed Acorn Squash
2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medalists
The Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal is the highest recognition presented by the College of Engineering to alumni whose professional and personal achievements bring special honor to the college and university. Medalists have a record of achievement in academia, business and/or public service, as well as distinguished service to the college, profession and/or community.
The 2019 Distinguished Engineering Alumni Medal recipients are:
- Kimberly Budil, M.S. ’88 and Ph.D. ’94, applied science
- Dennis Discher ’86, mechanical engineering
- Deborah Frincke, M.S. ’89 and Ph.D. ’92, computer science
- Michael Hurlston ’88, electrical engineering, and M.S. ’91, engineering (GENG)
- Robert Kiss ’84, chemical engineering
- John Maroney ’75, mechanical engineering
- Shelten Yuen ’01, electrical engineering
Location and Parking
The event will take place at the UC Davis Mondavi Center. Complimentary parking is available beginning at 5 p.m. in the Gateway Parking Structure. Visit https://www.mondaviarts.org/visit-us/parking for directions.
The Amtrak Capitol Corridor provides service to cities between Auburn and San Jose including weekend and weekday stops in downtown Davis. The local Amtrak station is located at 840 Second Street in Davis and is accessible by Unitrans Line A.
For your convenience, a block of rooms at a discounted group rate has been reserved at the Hyatt Place UC Davis for overnight stays on November 22. Be sure to book your hotel room here by October 25, 2019 in order to receive the discount.