- Fully furnished, third floor, one-bedroom apartment (non-smoking only).
- Two fully furnished, third floor, two-bedroom apartments (non-smoking only).
The Visiting Scholar Apartments are three fully-furnished apartments conveniently located next to Central Campus on A Street, and within walking distance from downtown Davis. The two bedroom apartments may be rented for a maximum of three consecutive months during the UC Davis academic year, and the one bedroom apartment may be rented for a maximum of one consecutive month during the academic year.
Availability can be checked on-line at https://ces.ucdavis.edu/Public/plan/space/. Please select "3rd Street Apartments" as the building and either "APT 310", "APT 320" or "APT 330" as the room. Please note that the dates in red are reserved. Rentals take place from Friday to Friday; check-in is on a Friday, and check-out is also on a Friday.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- High Speed Internet Access and University network connectivity
- Microwave oven
- Some dry goods
- Ironing board and iron
- Linen and housekeeping service once a week
- All utilities included
- Telephone configured for local dialing (calling card needed for long distance)
- Cable TV
- Access to laundry
Rates and Rental Information:
- One Bedroom = $525/week with a one-week minimum and a four-week maximum stay.
- Two Bedroom = $575/week with a one-week minimum and a three month maximum stay.
- Friday to Friday rental only.
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM and check-out time is no later than 11:00 AM.
- Cancellations: There is a $210 non-refundable cancellation fee if the apartment is cancelled five weeks or more from the check in date indicated on the agreement. If a cancellation takes place less than five weeks from the check in date indicated on the agreement, there is a $125 non-refundable cancellation fee for each week cancelled.
- Rental preference will be given to a visiting scholar coming to campus for a short-term stay and who has an appropriate University sponsor.
- University sponsors include campus administrators, department heads, or individual faculty members.
- Reservations will be open one month in advance to other University-affiliated guests who have a University sponsor if the unit is not rented for a visiting scholar.
- Reservations for the apartments must be made by the University sponsor and the sponsor is required to sign the rental agreement.
- Overnight guests (in addition to named occupants) must be listed on the agreement and are not considered approved until the university signs the rental agreement.
Application and Contract:
Both the application and the agreement are required to make reservations. Due to high demand, apartments cannot be held. If available, apartments will be considered reserved upon receipt of both the application and the contract. The department sponsor can download a current application here:
For reservations and more information, contact:
Conference and Event Services
Phone: (530) 754-0672
Fax: (530) 754-0726
For additional options regarding short term housing, please visit the Services for International Students and Scholars (SISS) website here.