Instructions on How to Reserve Space on Campus
PROCESS FOR ON CAMPUS CLIENTS
- Create account (MUST have a valid Kerberos login and password), go to www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/dept_cont/obf/
- Approvals are required from your supervisor and DAFIS/Billing account manager to create an account.
- You MUST submit form AT LEAST 2 BUSINESS DAYS before the event for non-paid spaces and a MINIMUM OF TWO WEEKS for all paid spaces.
- Registered student sponsored events REQUIRE MORE THAN TWO WEEKS NOTICE due to the approval process and potential pre-event meetings.
Conference and Event Services (CES) processes all on-campus facility requests for events sponsored by "Campus Organizations" as defined in UCD Policy & Procedure:http://manuals.ucdavis.edu/ppm/270/270-05.htm. On campus clients include:
- CAMPUS DEPARTMENTS (Staff & Faculty)
- REGISTERED STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS (P&P 270-07)
- REGISTERED CAMPUS INTEREST GROUPS (P&P 270-08)
- SUPPORT GROUPS RECOGNIZED BY THE CHANCELLOR (P&P 270-60)
INSTRUCTIONS TO RESERVE CAMPUS FACILITIES
- To expedite the reservation process, clients are urged to take advantage of our "Space Availability" website:http://cevs.ucdavis.edu/dept_cont/space/
to find available facilities and dates before creating a reservation request.
- Reservations in classrooms can be created automatically without creating a form. Please note that classrooms are not available to reserve before 6pm Monday - Friday without approval from the Office of the Registrar, or during finals, campus closure dates, and holidays.
- Clients should receive an e-mail link to download and print your permit within 2 - 3 business days. If you do not receive an e-mail, please contact our reservation desk at 752-2813 or email@example.com to confirm we received your request.
- To access reservation request page, Continue to the form->
It is the sponsor's responsibility to review all dates/times/locations and policies on your permit, and follow up with the necessary contacts outlined on the permit. We encourage you to have your permit with you at your event.
CHANGES or CANCELLATIONS must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Effective October 1, 2013 a non-refundable reservation fee in the amount of $40 for paid facilities (ex. Alumni Center, ARC, Pavilion, etc.) and $10 in general assignment classrooms scheduled for meetings, will be applied to all reservations. Please note that a facility rental fee is applied in paid spaces. To view facility rental fees, please go to http://ces.ucdavis.edu/ces_pages/download/CEVS%20website/Public%20Rates%20for%20Facilities.pdf.
· Reservations that charge a registration fee and/or fundraise will be charged a $40 non-refundable fee regardless of location.
· Reservations made prior to October 1, 2013 are eligible for the $20 cancellation fee applied per room, per day in paid spaces, and $5 fee charged for general assignment classrooms. The cancellation fee is in addition to the cancellation charges assessed by facility managers in paid spaces. To view cancellation policies for buildings on campus, please go to http://www.cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=36.
* On campus clients are responsible for knowing the cancellation policies which go into effect upon entering the reservation. They can be found at http://cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=36&SRVC=EVENT
For fee information, please go to http://cevs.ucdavis.edu/Public/content.cfm?CONTENT=36&SRVC=EVENT
- Please check "Setup/Take down times for facility managers", located under "Facility Information" on the left hand side prior to submitting your reservation request.
- If the facility is available, a reservation will be made and you should receive an email with a link to download your permit within 2 business days. You are instructed to follow up with our front desk staff at 747-3830 if you do not receive a permit within 2 business days.